Synopsis Love and loss. Passion and pain. I’ve always been a fan of Edgar Allan Poe because his work epitomized how one can be driven mad by the truth and freedom of those emotions. So, when I needed to put the finishing touches on my […]
Hello and welcome to the blog tour for The Rise of the Dawnstar. Today I’d love to introduce you to the characters you’ll meet in the first book of the series, The Last of the Firedrakes.
- Aurora Firedrake – Our main character, daughter of Azaren and Elayna, heir to the Firedrake dynasty of Illiador.
- Azaren Firedrake – Aurora’s father, King of Illiador, Warden of the West and half-brother of Morgana.
- Elayna Firedrake – Mother of Aurora, daughter of the fae queen Izadora, princess of Elfi.
- Queen Morgana – Aurora’s aunt, half-sister of Azaren Firedrake, and current queen of the kingdom of Illiador.
- Lucian – Archmage of Avalonia, head of the council of thirteen and the Mage guild, and advisor to Queen Morgana of Illiador.
- Rafe – aka The Black Wolf. His true identity is secret, you have to read the book to find out what it is.
- Kalen – Aurora’s fae friend.
- Penelope Plumpleberry – Kalen’s mother, and a fae healer.
- Izadora – Queen of the fae and ruler of Elfi, also Aurora’s maternal grandmother.
- Lord Oblek – A warrior mage and one of Morgana’s minions.
- Gabriel Silverthorne – The Duke of Silverthorne, Aurora’s granduncle (brother to her paternal grandmother Fiona, queen of Illiador). Duke Silverthorne is the most powerful noble on the Royal Council of Eldoren and an advisor to the king.
- Serena Silverthorne – Aurora’s aunt (cousin to her father Azaren, and Duke Silverthorne’s only daughter), the Countess of Everdale. Widowed at an early age.
- Erien Everdale – Aurora’s cousin and Serena Silverthorne’s son. He became Earl of Everdale at an early age, after his father’s death. He is also heir to the Dukedom of Silverthorne.
- Elial Dekela – Mastermage at Evolon Academy of Magic, situated in Neris, the capital city of Eldoren.
- Baron Tanko – Head Mage of warrior skills at the university of Evolon.
- Vivienne Foxmoor -Daughter of the fifth duke of Foxmoor and Aurora’s best friend.
- Petrocales Ravenswood – King of Eldoren.
- Damien Blackwater – Son of the Duke of Blackwater and fifth in line to the throne of Eldoren.
- Calisto Blackwater – Sister of Damien and forth in line to the throne of Eldoren.
- Zorek Blackwater – Eldest son of the Duke of Blackwater and third in line to the throne of Eldoren.
- Devon Blackwater – The Duke of Blackwater, cousin to the king of Eldoren (He is the son of King Petrocales’ father’s sister). Second in line to the throne after the crown prince.
- Sorcha Blackwater – Damien’s mother, married to Devon Blackwater and sister to the Archmage Lucian.
- The Shadow Guard – Morgana’s elite guard, Warrior Mages who have been trained by the Archmage himself. Their souls have been darkened by black magic enabling them to enhance their powers.
- The Drakaar – Dark sorcerers from the northern dark lands of Maradaar. They call themselves the priests of The Demon King Dragath of legend.
- Auraken Firedrake – The first fae-mage and High king of Avalonia, who ruled over five thousand years ago.
- Leticia Glenbarry – Daughter of the Earl of Glenbarry, an important lord on the Council. Engaged to the crown prince.
- Snow – Aurora’s pegasus.
- Celia Greendew – Aurora’s classmate at Evolon, and daughter of Vicount Greendew.
- Professor Ruthbridge – teaches Social Structure and Government in the Seven Kingdoms at the Evolon Academy of Magic.
- Professor Swindern – Illusions and Transformation teacher at Evolon Academy of Magic.
- Lilith – Also known as the Dark Queen, she was Morgana’s mother and is part demon.
- Derek Sutton – Earl of Rothguard, a friend of Aurora’s father, and a lord on the Royal Council.
- Julian Fenton – Marquis of Greystone. Also a friend of Aurora’s father.
- Declan Raingate – Captain of the guard at Silverthorne Castle.
- Magdalene – An old fae lady our crew meet in the Willow Woods on their way to Evolon.
The Rise of the Dawnstar,
book two of The Avalonia Chronicles.
Aurora Firedrake returns in the spellbinding sequel to The Last of the Firedrakes.
The seven kingdoms of Avalonia are crumbling and evil is spreading across the land like a plague. Queen Morgana is close to finding a way to open The Book of Abraxas and it’s only a matter of time until she uses the power trapped inside its pages to enslave the entire world.
With Avalonia growing more dangerous by the day, Aurora must travel through war-torn lands and deep into the heart of the fae kingdom of Elfi. Her goal is to find a legendary weapon infused with the last of the realm’s ancient magic—the only weapon in the world powerful enough to stop the queen.
Aurora might have survived her first battle against Morgana, but the true fight to save her kingdom and restore her throne has only just begun…
About the Author
Farah Oomerbhoy is the international bestselling author of The Avalonia Chronicles. Her first book, The Last of the Firedrakes, was originally published on Wattpad where it gained over two million reads and a Watty Award. Since publication, her debut has gone on to win a silver medal in IBPA’s Benjamin Franklin Awards and the Readers’ Favorite Book Awards, along with winning a finalist placement in the USA Best Book Awards. Farah loves the fantastical and magical and often dreams of living in Narnia, Neverland, or the Enchanted Forest. With a master’s degree in English literature from the University of Mumbai, Farah spends her creative time crafting magical worlds for young adults. She lives with her family in Mumbai, India.