I’m here again with another Top Ten Tuesday. If you don’t know TTT is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This with theme is books set outside the US. I read a lot of fantasy so this should be easy lol. By the way ten books seem daunting so I’m only doing 5.
1. Okay I’m sort of cheating but Americanah takes place in Nigeria as well as America but still I want to place this on the list because this is such a good book and very eye-opening about what it means to be black in a America. But also what it means to be a black woman in America. Heard this was going to be turned into a movie starting Lupita Nyong’o. I hope this true.
2. Ya’ll already know how much love I have for this book so I won’t spend too much time giving it all the praise that it rightly deserves but this book is going on my list because it takes place in a Rome like setting so that counts towards it being outside the US.
3. The second installment to The Girl From Well, the suffering takes place in the US but then it moves on to Japan. This book is atmospheric and down right creepy as from. Way better than the first book. Highly recommend if you’re in the mood for a good scare.
4. While I didn’t read this yet ( I plan on it this month) Sorcerer to the Crown not only has a black protagonist it also takes place in London during the Regency era. Over at Read Diverse Books praises this book so I know I will enjoy it.
5. Vivid detail and beautiful lush writing, I had to add The Star-Touched Queen. Oh my goodness this was such a breath-taking book. One that everyone needs to read. Also it’s not set in the US. More of a Middle Eastern feel although it doesn’t say (or maybe it does). Either way add this book to your list.
There you have it my Top Ten Tuesday. Have you guys read any of these books? What books have you read that were outside the US. I would love to know in the comments below.
As always thanks for stopping by <3