I’m super excited and proud to welcome Author Ingrid Seymour here at Creatyvebooks. If you’ve been following me you know that I wanted to do a segment called ADVICE FROM AN INDIE AUTHOR for a while now. So I contacted a few indie/hybrid authors to see if they would be interested to participate and I’m glad to say that I have some amazing authors lined up for these post.
As the title mentions ADVICE FROM AN INDIE AUTHOR is just that–advice. I know there might be some followers that are in the process of writing the next big book or just like writing in general but might need some advice on the writing process or just interested in what a successful Indie author might have to say. As I mentioned before today’s author is the fabulous and talented Ingrid Seymour. Author of Ignite the Shadows. A fantastic urban fantasy must read.
So not to keep you waiting any longer here is some awesome advice from Ingrid Seymour.
What are 10 writing tips you can give to a new and aspiring author?
1. Read, read, read, especially in your genre
2. Set daily writing goals, even if they are small (i.e. write 300 words a day)
3. Write every day. Like with everything else, practice makes perfect
4. Plug into social media with authors, agents and publishers. There is much to learn from the professionals in the business
5. Join local author organizations. Being with like-minded individuals can be very inspiring
6. Be open to critiques and actively seek beta readers and critique partners. The learning lessons there are invaluable
7. Read books on the craft of writing. Never stop learning
8. Be patient. Getting published takes time. Over-night successes are few and far between.
9. Keep a journal of ideas
10. Be a professional
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ingrid Seymour loves, loves, loves to write. She’s a young and new adult author. She writes in a variety of genres including romance, urban fantasy, paranormal and horror. She loves pizza and sushi, Sunkist and gum. She believes in vampires, witches, but not zombies (uh-uh, never!) She writes to loud music, daydreams constantly and spends too much time in twitter!! Find her there? 😉
Ingrid has incredible fun doing what she does, but more than anything she enjoys hearing from her readers. It’s a dream come true.
Social Media Links: