Well I usually do a Fun Fact Friday but today it’s going to be a little bit different. Today I bring to you Sisterhood of the World Blogger Awards. I was tagged my the lovely Nori @ReadWriteLove28 to participate in this awesome….well tag. So thank you for tagging me. Really appreciate it.
So since this is an award there are some rules that you must follow. And here they are:
1.) Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their blog in your post.
2.) Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3.) Answer the ten question asked by the nominator.
4.) Nominate ten bloggers for the award.
5.) Ask your nominees ten questions.
See not too bad. In fact the rules are fairly simply. Okay I’m rambling too much. You all want to know the answers to the questions that I was asked. So here we go.
1.What was your favorite book when you were a child?
I could go with Goodnight Moon or Where the Wild Things Are but I don’t really remember my mother reading those to me even though she did. So I would have to say that my favorite book when I was a child wasn’t really a book. More like a series. The Babysitter club my Ann m. Martin. This series is what made me the avid reader that I am today. I went from The Babysitters Club to Goosebumps. Loved me some Goosebumps. R.L. Stine was the man.
2. Do you listen to audiobooks? If yes, what’s your favorite?
Nope. Audiobooks aren’t my thing. I find them to be distracting. I like to picture what I’m reading and I can’t do that with Audiobooks. Sometimes the narrators’ voice is not all that good and doesn’t do the book justice. So I stick with the old fashion way of reading.
3. Are you a reader, writer, or both?
Ha! Is this a trick question? If you don’t know, I consider myself both. When I’m not writing for my blog I do keep journals and sometimes I write poetry. I think being a reader goes hand in hand with being a writer. You really can’t have one without the other.
4. Who was the first blogger that you followed?
Hmmm, I started blogging so long ago that I don’t remember. I mean I quick then I started up again so I will say that the first blogger that I followed as of 2014 would be Ashley Mansour and BloodInkFire.com. If you’re following you should definitely be following. Great book that she is writing. So excited about it.
5. What is your favorite book with a purple cover?
I feel bad because I have no idea. I know what my favorite pink covered book. Why couldn’t it be pink? Heck pink isn’t even my favorite color. I need to go look on my bookshelf to see if I have a purple book.
6. What is the last book that you received as a gift/from a giveaway?
The last books I received came from two different giveaways at the same time. I got Tease by Amanda Maciel and Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern from @ReadWriteLove28. Thanks a bunch. And I also receive The World Without Us by Robin Stevenson from LibraryThing.com.
7. Who is your favorite author?
I’m going with the two J’s. Jim Butcher. Author of the Dresden Files. It’s about a kick ass Wizard Detective named Harry Dresden. Love this series. Need to get the last book that recently came out. The other Author would be J.K. Rowling from the Harry Potter series (not too fond of her adult novels). Two Harrys that happen to be Wizards. Who would of thought?
8. If you could become any character for one day, who would you pick?
This is a tough one because there are a lot of characters from books that I would love to be for a day but I would have to go with…….Aw Hell I can’t do it. Just so damn hard. I’m so sorry. My head is splitting in two just thinking about this question. Whoever it is, they’re the opposite of me. Being an introvert sucks at times.
9. What was the last book that made you cry?
I repeat. I don’t not cry. I’m part robot so my tear ducts just don’t work. I also think I’m not human. I simply don’t cry. It’s not my thing. It never was my thing. Doesn’t mean I don’t feel empathy towards people. I just not big on crying. It’s a waste of time and water. Bah, not people will think I have a heart of ice.
10. What was the last 5 star book that you read?
Compulsion by Martina Boone. Really enjoyed that slow southern read with a hint of supernatural and Dallas all mixed into one. I did a gushing review about this book. On my blog recently. Bring on the Southern Charm. Go check it out. Thanks.
Phew, that was a lot of thinking on my part but now it’s time to tag some blogs that I know and love. But first here are the questions that I wish to ask you.
- What book do you love but hate the movie adaption?
- Whose your most hated character of all times?
- What’s a series/book that you love and wish more people knew about it?
- What book would you love to see on the big screen?
- Name a book that you had to read in school and hated but as an adult you love?
- If you could date or be married to a character from a book who would it be?
- Which do you prefer? Kindle, Hardcover, Paperback or all three?
- Name your all time favorite book?
- Keep, Throw away or Burn? Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell ,The Winner’s Curse by Maria Rutkoski or The Murder Complex? Yep, I made this one hard. *Evil laugh*
- Favorite drink to have when reading a good book?
Hehehe, you like my questions? Took me a minute to think about what I wanted to ask.
Here are the following people that I nominate for this tag:
- Jodie @FanLovesBooks
- Tanya @MomsSmallVictories
- Johanna @Tea with the Cat
- Gemma @If Books Could Blog
- Sonia @Story Treasury
- Brenda @Daily Mayo
- T @Traveling with T
- Alysha @Alysha Kaye
- Ashley @Ashley Mansour
- Tonya @Tonya Kuper
Okay, so you know what to do. Now on to twitter so you know I nominated you all. Thanks once again to ReadWriteLove28 for tagging me.
As always, thank you for reading. Without your support I would have quit long ago. Please leave a comment or some feedback. Have a great weekend! 🙂